Reading Group Questions
for MAD, BAD, & BLONDE by Cathie Linz
1) In Chapter One, Faith takes off on her honeymoon to Italy solo. Would you ever do that? If so, why? If not, why not?
2) Faith begins to question the decisions she’s made, including her decision to become a librarian. Have you ever questioned a job choice you made?
3) Describe how Faith was influenced by some of the music she had on her iPod.
4) The theme of family loyalty is an important one in my book. Can you give examples of how Caine and Faith have conflicting loyalties?
5) Can you describe a scene that made you laugh or cry?
6) I enjoy writing secondary characters as well as my main characters. Do you have a favorite secondary character – Gram, Buddy, Faith’s dad, the doorman, Aunt Lorraine – and if so why were they your fave?
7) The book is set in Chicago and includes some locations like the Palmer House or Navy Pier. What are some of your fave locations in Chicago? What did you learn about Chicago that you didn’t know before?
< 8) Faith’s family are big White Sox fans. Can you give examples of how that impacted certain scenes in the book?
9) Caine is a former Marine. How was that reflected in his characterization?
10) If you were Faith, would you have made the job choice she does at the end of the book? If so, why? If not, why?